Want to work with us? We’re looking for exceptional people to join our team
Agency Sales Manager
We are recruiting for an ambitious, entrepreneurial and proactive Agency Sales Manager to join our expanding client services team. This is a great opportunity for motivated, determined and charismatic individual to join our company, as we undergo rapid transformation to launch the UK’s first transparent trading platform for email inventory.
As an overview, esbconnect is an Customer Acquisition Platform powered by email focused on running acquisition and branding campaigns for consumer advertisers, helping them to acquire new customers and grow their reach.
We believe in 1-to-1 marketing and have built a platform which enables advertisers to talk to an individual, not a cookie, across marketing channels and devices, whether display, social or video. As a company, we have been driving innovation in the email channel for several years, and our expertise and results speak for themselves. We have a high profile customer base, working with brands including Clarks, British Airways and Citroën, as well as large media agencies including Mediacom, Zenith, PHD and Omnicom.
We are now striving for rapid growth, as we launch into new markets. To support this we are looking for a proactive, sociable and innovative individual to grow with the company. They must be prepared to get stuck in and take the initiative, and be self-motivating enough to work well alone as well as part of a team. Share options, bonuses and rapid career growth would be the rewards.
We believe in building a culture where hard work is rewarded and employees are nurtured into being the bright sparks we always knew they would be! A social nature is a must, as we are a social bunch and work in a highly social industry.
We are looking for somebody with the desire to meet and exceed sales targets, who has the drive to identify and seize new opportunities, and not necessarily wait to be told what to do.
As the Agency Sales Manager you will be representing the company in face to face interactions with media agency decision makers, and be responsible for driving new sales within your agency patch. You need to be hungry for results, but know how to pitch business professionally and intelligently, never wanting to over-promise and under-deliver. You will be responsible for building a robust sales pipeline, pitching to new clients, formulating proposals and closing deals. You will proactively prospect new clients, as well as following up warm leads. Your key performance indicator will be the new business revenue that you generate.
- Drive revenue across our customer acquisition platform
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with Agencies, Advertisers and other demand sources.
- Proactively initiate deals, and negotiate and fulfil incoming requests
- Set up agreed deals in the platform at first instance (e.g. Test and Learn campaigns)
- Analyse why a deal may not be delivering as expected, find solution and execute.
- Analyse performance data generated by the company, to ascertain what sectors and brands are performing, and use this data to develop a sales pipeline and assist with producing relevant marketing material.
- Work with other inventory providers, to maximise cliets’ Ad Spend
- Use previous campaign data to predict trends and spot patterns, in order to develop actionable insights for use on future campaigns.
- Closely monitor deal performance and be proactive in addressing new opportunities, and developing key accounts to increase revenue.
- Help develop new sales collateral.
- Work closely with the team to optimise revenue and campaign performance, and share insights into best practices
- Degree educated
- Able to demonstrate customer service mindset
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with proactive use of all forms of communication to maintain interaction with clients
- Good ‘people skills’ and ability to work with a range of colleagues and clients
- Strong presentation skills
- Good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise when faced with changing daily demands
- A professional manner
- Good commercial awareness and ability to work to budgets and targets
- Ability to interpret marketing data, and monitor and analyse performance reports to ensure targets are being met. Drive to maximise business opportunities
- Ability to work to budgets and drive to exceed targets)
- High-level negotiation skills
- Proactive/ideas focused approach
- Company Pension Scheme
- Generous Bonus Plan
- Flexible hours
- Early finishes on Friday
- Strong social atmosphere
esbconnect Wokingham Unit 2, Millars Brook, Molly Millars Lane, Wokingham, RG41 2AD T: 0118 979 4055